Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Scrapbooking With Timepiece by Bo Bunny



jules
The Timepiece Collection, while at first glace, may seem to be vintage and heritage only, offers many more possibilities.  I selected this line with more cruise pictures in mind and I still will be using some of them for that.  However, once I started on one of the two mini albums I ended up doing, I knew I wanted to use these papers for those; one of which is going to be my anniversary present to my honey. 

The Clock mini album by Bo Bunny provided me with something I had been wanting to do...celebrate my current life.

Back in my late 30s when I was raising two kids by myself and working two jobs to do so, I would sometimes despair that this is what my life was meant to be and nothing more. Not that raising two wonderful kids was not enough but...
And, right before I turned 50, life came together for me. I connected with an amazing man with whom I had worked for over 20 years; the kids got their lives together and now...I am 63 and

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!

It Is My Time
























Inside Album View:






































The second mini album I completed with the perfect and lovely Timepiece papers and embellishments is to be the anniversary present from me to my husband of 16 years come June 1.  When we were first married, I owned a three story condo in St. Louis built on a former golf course. 


Making A House A Home


During the years we were still living in St. Louis, teaching, my honey finished off the lower level, added a much needed bathroom, repainted the entire condo top to bottom and installed badly needed storage.




When we moved to Ft. Myers, he oversaw the construction of our new home, landscaped our yard and turned it into a wonderful retirement home for the two of us and all our company. 




Then when we moved here, once again, he painted, arranged, landscaped and made still another house into a home.  This is my thank you to this warm, wonderfully talented and loving man!




This is the back with the front flap brought forward.  This can be displayed as seen in the first photo or set up so all four sides fold out like rooms of a house and the album is self standing.  It was such fun to use all the little widows and doors to create the "home". 


I had an amazing time working with this line!  Thank you, as always, for looking.

---------------------------------------------------
Jules is a retired English teacher originally from St. Louis, MO.  Besides paper crafting, she enjoys traveling with her best friend/husband Gene, kayaking and teaching scrapbooking classes locally and nationally.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing your story!

Anonymous said...

It's never to late for love!