Friday, April 29, 2011

Hybrid Paper Crafting

Posted by Janell:

For this reveal the Digital Creative Team decided to showcase some fabulous printable projects and hybrid creations....That's right this is a 100% hybrid reveal...and we can't wait to show you what we've been up to.


If you are new to hybrid the easiest way to get started is card making... You can use digital elements or create a mini digital card and print it off...nothing says I love you more than a customized card created for just for the occasion!

Ronny (Smiley-Scrap8) says, "Hybrid, hybrid, read all about it! I made this card for my mom, and I just love it. This kit is perfect for hybrid projects. 

I just printed out the paper I liked and a few elements to cut out. I think this kit was created just to make this card, don't you?"  This card is sure to please any mom. 


Hybrid Mother's Day Card by Smiley-Scrap8


Janell also made these sweet cards for her mother and mother in law for Mother's Day, which is right around the corner.  Janell says, "I love making cards and hybrid cards are really fun too, to it's like thinking in a third dimension since I get to combine the best of both worlds--digi and paper!!! I made these cards for our moms for Mother's day this year. One with rhinestones and the other with pearls."

Hybrid Mother's Day Cards by Janell


This hybrid congratulations card by Brittney is so cute, don't you love the little details!

Hybrid Congrats Card by milmomma




Hybrid Scrapbooking and Crafting opens up a new world!  It's exciting and what's makes hybrid extra special is the way you can easily customize anything.  Hybrid projects make wonderful gifts.  Here a few "gifting" ideas from Creative Team.

Ronny made an adorably sweet gift.  She relates, "I saw this project in a scrapping magazine and thought how cool it would be to do it digi style. So here is my version. I'm thinking it may be a good Teacher Appreciation gift."

Hybrid Pinwheels by Smiley-Scrap8


This little hybrid box was designed to hold crayons, but Janell filled it with skittles and a gift card for her niece's birthday present--she chose a little girl that looks like her niece and added her name and a message on the back to personalize the gift box.
Hybird Birthday Gift Box by Janell


Angie (nun69) made this adorble craft by taking a 4x4 tile and creating a digital image and then placing it on the tile and embellishing.

Abby 4x4 Tile by nun69


Brittney shares, "I throughly love making hybrid stuff. I can do anything I please between the digital world and paper world. I can make beautiful papers come to life with just a few buttons. Adding some soft sweet primas and some shiny lovely brads, and my world comes to life. With a empty washed out milk carton I chopped it down and folded inside the sides till it was just the height I needed. Covered it and decorated. With my scraps I made a matching card."

Flower Box and Card by milmomma


Look at this adorable serving tray and baby shower card created by Sara (Keling) this is sure to be a fabulous baby shower!

Under the Sea Baby Shower Gift by Keling 



Sara made this coordinating card for the baby shower with this too cute for words turtle!


Hybrid gift wrap purse by Janell 


Angie made this amazing canvas and used so many fun digital elements to decorate it. 

Travel Canvas HYBRID ART by nun69



Hybrid also comes in handy when decorating!

Sara made this darling  party kit.  She explains, "My birthday is in just a couple of days - and the only way I'm going to get a party is if I throw one myself! I love cupcakes and Michelle Bradley's Cupcake Printable Party Kit is making it SO EASY! If you've never done anything hybrid before, or even if you aren't even a digi scrapper, Michelle's birthday kits are simple - print, cut, stick, and decorate!"  

Cupcake Party! by Keling


Brittney (Milmomma) created this awesome center peice by upcycling some items around the house and adding hybrid elements and ribbons! Perfect for Spring and Earth Day!


Spring Center Peice by milmomma


Brittney (milmomma) also decorated her daughter's birthday with these gorgeous printables...incase you missed it here's a recap of the party.  Click on the picture to see more details and photos in the gallery.

Ali's Ballerina Tea Party by milmomma



Last, we have a hybrid layout.  Let's not forget that hybrid is a great avenue to explore for scrapbook layouts!  Ronny made this beautiful tilted composition for her hybrid layout. As long as you have a printer...you paper options are endless. 

Feel the love by Smiley-Scrap8



If you enjoyed this hybird reveal, you are in luck--stay tuned for MORE future totally hybrid reveals from the A Cherry On Top Creative Team!

No comments: