Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scrapbooking With Hello Luscious By Basic Grey -

Posted by bluejeans7 (Angela):

Hello Luscious!  That is the name of one of the new Basic Grey lines and I have to say that the name fits the line!  LOL!  I love it when I get lucky enough to work with a new Basic Grey line for my CT reveal.  I do admit that once I got my BG goodies in the mail, they sat on my desk for over a week untouched. 

I was just in a hole and feeling uninspired.  I knew my deadline was coming up so I sat down, looked through my Hello Luscious goodies and picked out my photos to scrap.  Once I started I couldn't stop.  I finished all five of my layouts in two days, that is awesome for a slow scrapper like me!  This line is really beautiful and I love the colors and patterns.  Working with it helped me get my mojo back and I'm ready to scrap some more!

I Love You:  My beautiful children are my favorite subjects to scrapbook, so I started out my reveal with a photo of the two of them together.  I used a mix of five different pattern papers (Scrumptious, Blissful, Sparkling, Succulent & Honeyed) and layered them on a piece of Pinecone Bazzill cardstock.  I used the Hello Luscious Woolies stickers for my only embellishments on this layout.  Lastly all I had to add was my title and date.

  

This Girl:  My daughter means the world to me even if she thinks I'm mean at times.  LOL!  I started with the Raspberry Syrup paper and cut out my shape, then glued it to a piece of Blossom Bazzill cardstock.  Then I doodled around the border and added some Hello Luscious Glazed brads.  Next I cut pieces from the Dazzling and Scrumptious papers and arranged them with my two photos.  Then I added my title, some Prima flowers and my journaling..... which is spelled out with lots of different mini letter stickers from My Little Shoebox.

 

Finally!:  This layout is all about the journaling (the story behind Erik losing his first baby teeth), the photos, and lots of pattern papers!  I used the Inviting paper for my background and then layers of the Thrive, Yumberry and Zesty papers.  I then cut a 5" circle from the Honeyed for my journaling.  Added my title, date and some of the tiniest Hello Luscious Buttons on the scallop border.

 

Blessed:  Here's another layout with my two babies!  LOL!  I think the Hello Luscious line goes great with color photos but also with black & white photos, so this layout I scrapped some black & white photos.  I started with the Wine Bazzill cardstock.  Then I used pieces from the Honeyed, Zesty and Simply Grand papers.  Next I cut a scalloped border from Raddish paper and added some Hello Luscious Buttons.  To embellish I used the Hello Luscious Bloomers stickers.

 

Easter 2010:  I don't know why but I have the hardest time with scrapbooking Easter.  I have the last four or five years of Easter photos that still need to be scrapped.  So I pulled out some of last year's Easter for my last layout.  I used the Lemonade Bazzill cardstock for a softer colored background.  Then I cut a 11"x11" piece of the Jalapeno Jelly paper, I used the backside.  Next I cut two strips from the Yumberry paper.  Then I made two scalloped borders with the Sparkling and Blissful papers.  To finish this layout I cut a piece from the Simply Grand paper for my title and then added some Stitched Brads and Bloomers.

 

Sample Of Products Used In This Review:

         

No comments: