Friday, April 29, 2011

Scrapbooking With Portrait By Crate Paper

Posted by 4peasinourpod (Pam):

When I was choosing the line that I wanted to work with, I totally fell in love with colors and patterns of Crate Paper Portrait.  You all will get a bit of a chuckle out of my reveal this month.  I have loved Crate Paper in the past, and was so excited when I saw all the incredible embellishments, and decided to move ahead.  

I added all of it to my cart, and happily planned in my mind what pictures I was going to work with.  I still get giddy when my ACOT packages arrive, so I ripped it open and stared.  The colors are so rich and so vibrant.  It is totally "me".  I rummaged through the rest of the package, and saw all the other gorgeous products in the line.

 Sewn brads, border stickers  and portrait alpha labels  to just name a few.  I got to the chipboard.  I LAUGHED.  It is a WEDDING line.  Nothing against weddings, of course, except at this stage of my life, I really don't go to many of them. 

So, this article is truly how to scrap with a themed line in a non-traditional way.  (Feel free to shake your head at my mistake!)

My first layout is as close as I can get to a wedding layout.  It is Delaney at our traditional New Years Eve celebration.  The colors were perfect for a party theme!
 

Now, the digression begins.

This layout is a summer layout of Kiley at our friends' cabin.  It is flowery and fun, and the colors of the water were perfect for the papers in the Portrait line.


My third layout is just a teenage layout featuring Kendall.  The colors matched her colored braces and her bright blue eyes.  The small squares along the left hand side are actually the popped out chipboard from the filmstrip.


Lastly, of all my layouts, I really stretched the subject matter.  I used it for a sports layout.  I spend most weekends at the gym watching my girls play basketball, so it is huge part of my life....therefore the majority of my pictures right now have a basketball flavor.  This layout is when they won their first tournament by beating their arch rivals.  It was their day, so I used that chipboard, playing on the meaning.


I also made a couple projects with the line.  Here is a gift holder for some candies and a movie gift card:


I also made a pencil holder for my office, since the colors in the line match my room perfectly.


Lastly, I made a bottle holder for my office by spray painting a basket and decorating bottles with simple elements from this line. 

 

Although I am quite sure that this will make a wonderful wedding line, it is so perfect for many subjects and projects.  Thank you ACOT, for letting me play with it!

Products Used:

No comments: