Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scrapbooking With Daily Junque By Pink Paislee

Posted by SarahA (Sarah):

The Daily Junque line from Pink Paislee was my absolute favorite release at CHA this winter. I loved the fact that it had lots of different colors, patterns and wasn't "themey" at all. The embellishments that go along with this line are fun and unique, too. 

This line is perfect for any photo at all! As it's name says, it's perfect for scrapping the day-to-day moments of your life, it would be great for spring or summer photos, babies, kids, ladies, men, friends - you get the idea! 

The collection pack has 4 (yes, FOUR!) sheets of each paper, so if you're a hoarder like me when you find a favorite paper (check out the pink ledger paper, girls!), this is right up your alley!

Love Note
I had been saving this photo just for this line to hit the shoppe here! The Tickets paper was pretty much already embellished for me, so I started with that and added a few pieces cut from several other sheets of paper and pieces from the Mini Notes & Labels pack. The metal flag was a fun addition to this layout. 

I painted over the entire flag with acrylic paint, then wiped it off with a paper towel. The pink paint that was left in the debossed design really makes the flag stand out and is a great way to make your own unique embellishment. I also made a pocket out of kraft cardstock behind the photo to put the actual note in when I take it off my frame some day.

 

The Day I Turned 32
I wanted to document the fun things I did on my birthday this year, and this line made it simple! I have a love for pink and ledger papers, so I knew the B side of the Map paper had to be used! All of the little embellies were cut from the News and Tickets papers. 

The numbers were cut from the Tabs paper.  Since this was my birthday layout after all, I made sure to add little bits of things I love- buttons, those little Sass alphas, the Maya Road calendar card and lots of pink stitching, too!

 
 
23 Weeks
Once I saw the number cards, I knew exactly what I wanted to use them for. Then I saw a layout with a big banner by Piradee Talvanna, so I put my own spin on it with this layout.  I cut the large banners, then stitched them on the grey polka dot side of the News paper. 

I layered a string of embellies on top using the twine, pieces cut from the tabs and Junque papers and the No. 23 card from the Mini Notes and Labels pack. I added my picture, a few mist splatters and my journaling and this layout was done pretty quickly! I like that while the banner is a cute design, it still allows the journaling to be the center of attention on this layout.

 

Birthday Card
I knew I had to use the printed tissue paper in this line to make something fun. I had recently made large tissue paper flowers to hang in my daughter's room, so I decided to make one on a much smaller scale for a birthday card. I used half a sheet of the tissue, cut the paper on the folds and stacked them on top of each other, folded it accordian style, then rounded each of the short edges. 

I tied it with twine in the middle, then pulled out each layer and came out with this big beauty! I really liked the colored twine that came with this line and used a lot of it on the card, too! A button, some stitching and a little Happy Birthday paper crafting banner I quickly made with my word processor put the finishing touches on my Grandma's 70th birthday card!
 
    http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_viewer/,37374045,cid,,2,,144803
 
Products used in this reveal:
              

No comments: