Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Scrapbooking With Yankee Doodles By WeR Memory Keepers

Posted by carrie123 (Carrie):

I am one that normally tends to stay away from themed papers, but the Yankee Doodles by We R Memory Keepers really caught my eye. This line is so fun and so versatile - I had such an easy time creating with it. What I really liked about it was the fact that all the papers are double sided.  

One side is totally themed and the other is a bit more free with endless possibilities. The colors are so vibrant and bold making every page you do really stand out. When I got these products, I really wanted to challenge myself and try to use the line in a more un-themed way just to show how easy it can be done.

For my first layout I had some older pictures of my nephew that were just too cute to not use. I used the back side of the Word Doodle paper used some Glimmer Mist (which by the way, was the first time I used this product...LOVED it!)


My second layout I did was my daughter at the beach while visiting my dad in Florida. It was the first time she had ever been to the beach and boy did she love it. I used the Scalloped Doodle Die Cut paper, a bit more Glimmer mist and a Star Banner Tag. These tags are really fun. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them to see that they are embossed - really adds a little pop to the layout and tag itself.


This picture is a bit older. I have been hanging on to it just waiting for the perfect papers for it. I am so glad I waited because the Celebration Doodle paper was just what I was looking for! The colors on this paper just scream fun!


Okay, so I didn't get too far with my personal challenge but when I saw these photos my mom took on a recent trip to Mount Rushmore...PERFECT! I took the Tag Doodle paper and cut the border off  which by the way is full of wonderful glitter and then did the same with the 4th of July Doodle paper for my title. I added a few flowers and instant layout!


I have been doing an album of my son through is ROTC he is doing through school. I am trying to keep these pages simple yet bold. The back side of Doe Doodle allowed me to do just that.


If you are looking for fun, bold colored paper this line is for you - even if you don't use it for themed layouts, but it is also perfect for those 4th of July parties that will be coming up soon. Don't wait for the holiday!  Hurry to the store and get yours now. (I know I will be buying more!)

Products used for these layouts:


2 comments:

Anita Braddock said...

I love your scrapbook pages they are great. also would be great for someone in the military.
Anita abbraddock@msn.com
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Thanks Anita!