Thursday, June 9, 2011

Paper Crafting With Elizabeth Park By Little Yellow Bicycle


Posted by happayscrappay (Rachel):

Sunny days in the park, spending time outside, and laughing with the ones you love are all things that you think about as you play with the wonderful colors and large assortment of embellishments that come with theElizabeth Park line of products from Little Yellow Bicycle.  
Normally the product that I'm drawn toward is paper and this line has some wonderful papers in it, but, this time I also wanted to play with embellishments.  In addition to the products used on my pages, there are others that I wanted to try; like decorative edged papersflower buttons, and mini banners to name a few.   I'll be going back for more because this line had me bursting with creativity and for a "girly" line it had plenty to offer me with all of the boy and outdoor pages that I scrap.  I hope you enjoy the variety offered by this line as much as I did.


Garden
What park is complete without a garden and butterflies?  Butterflies were a recurrent theme in the papers and the embellies.  I love butterflies and am willing to even put them on winter pages.  This page is obviously not winter but it is loaded with butterflies!  To create that background, I used the back of one of the butterfly papers (Flutterby) and painted a circle into the center of the page using gesso.  
I knew I wanted to frame my page with butterflies so I cut butterflies out of a second piece of paper and placed them in a rainbow over the page, alternating them with the 3D butterfly stickers when their color came into rotation.  In my last reveal some questions were asked about the accordion flowers.  With the flower kit, you get pre-scored and cut pieces of paper to turn into accordion flowers.  You can also layer them with other cardstock pieces and brads.  I've used some here with a strip of paper with the beautifullyillustrated quote. 

Truth
The title for this page actually came to me while I was out on a run.  I've had this cute picture of my little boy and pug for quite awhile.  They are the best of friends and both completely adorable but they both also have their - shall we call them faults?  LOL.  I loved the bright polkadot pattern and the canvas borders.  I wanted to put them together.  
I tore one of the canvas borders to use at the top and bottom of the page and then I started layering on flowers and frames.  The flowers in the flower pack are all 3D so the edges of the petals and leaves all fold up.  I've also layered in some tickets and cut a frame in half to use on top and bottom as well. 

Summer Birthday
My oldest son was born in the summer, which means that he doesn't get to have a birthday party at school like the other kids.  His kindergarten teacher scheduled a day for him to bring in treats.  Here he's eating his treats outside at school with his friends.  
To make the page, I've used a full sheet of patterned paper in the back and layered the one shaped paper from the line over the top of it.  I cut flowers from one of the papers and used flowers from the embellishment pack around a butterfly that has enhanced wings from an accordion flower that has been cut.  I've also used another of the canvas borders on the bottom of the picture. 

Play Day
Every year one of the last days of school is a play day.  The kids get to play games, have a bbq, and choose something to have painted on their faces.  Last year my son chose snakes and his class color was purple.  This picture went so well with the purples in the Elizabeth Park papers that I had to use it even though I'm not normally a fan of purple.  
The pinks of the line complimented the purple so well that even though this was a boy page, I went for it and used the pink including another canvas strip and a pink and purple journaling card.  A little blue balanced out the colors and my son's face just pops out at you!   

After creating all of these pages, I can't decide which I liked better - my normal favorite, the patterned paper, or all of the wonderful embellishements that go with the line.  I hope you'll consider giving some of these products a try - especially that flower pack if you are interested in the accordion flowers.  I got alot of mlieage out of that pack and still ahve a couple more flowers to use.  I'd make something else for you but I literally only have scraps of the papers left! 
Many thanks to A Cherry On Top for carrying all of these beautiful products and allowing me the opportunity to show off just how fun they are.  
The following Elizabeth Park products by Little Yellow Bicycle were used in my reveal:
               

No comments: