Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Paper Crafting With A Fair Day By SEI

Posted by 4peasinourpod (Pam):

The fair.  As children (and some of us adults!) those words strike joy and anticipation into our hearts.  I LOVE the fair.  The highlight of the summer with my kids is a day at our Wisconsin State Fair.  We have a standing tradition of dropping EVERYTHING for a day at the fair.  

It is intoxicating.  The food, the animals, the smells, the atmosphere.  Add in the rides for the kids, and the experience is a total treat!  When I saw the SEI A Fair Day line, I couldn’t wait to get started!  

I am not a theme scrapbooker, but I loved all the papers and the embellishments, and as usual - SEI didn’t disappoint.  The papers are thick and gorgeous.  Some are shimmery, in the typical SEI style, and others are double sided and versatile.

I did 4 layouts - three which are fair oriented, and one to show the versatility of the line.  I will do about 20 more layouts with this line, trust me!

First, is a layout of my oldest three children on a ride at our fair.  I was dying watching them, and soooo glad I was behind the camera!  I captured this shot as they were upside down…

 
The next layout is about a Bennett family favorite.  FOOD.  It was fun experimenting and trying new things.  The food papers are incredible!

 
We have a family tradition; on our way out of the fair, we ALWAYS get a blue raspberry snow cone.  The borders and papers were perfect for this!

I also did a layout to show that non-traditional layouts work well with this line.  Here is a layout (non-fair) of Delaney right after her 8th birthday. These papers are versatile and amazing!

My FAVORITE paper of the line is the perforated ticket paper.  There is no cutting involved, and the variety of tickets is wonderful. 

I totally love this line, and can't wait to scrap the hundred more fair pictures that I have!

Products Used:


 

No comments: