Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scrapbooking With Echo Park Paper Company's Summer Days

Posted by averys_mom (Mandy):

Echo Park is one of my absolute favorite companies to work with.  I’ve loved them since they first debuted last year.  When the preview for Winter CHA came out and I saw Summer Days, I immediately knew I had to have it!  The bright colors, the fun patterns, the incredible stickers, plus the all new additions of chipboard and brads- it’s amazing!  

Thank you so much to ACOT for letting me work with this awesome line!

Merry Go Round

I really let the papers and embellishments inspire me this time around.  I loved the adorable carousel chipboard embellishment and knew I wanted to build a layout around it.  Luckily I still had all my pictures from last year’s Northwest Washington Fair still unscrapped!  These pictures of Avery on the carousel were a perfect fit.  

The sketch I used by Sassy Li’l Sketches is one I’ve been saving for just the right layout.  I loved it the minute I saw it, and knew that my Martha Stewart Medallion punch would be awesome for all the punched circles.  I punched circles out of every single paper!  

I added som e bling to the carousel using I-rock Mirror Glam Rocks, to mimic the mirrors on a real carousel.  I absolutely love how this turned out!


Hoop-A-Loop

For this layout, I wanted to go with a circle theme, since the pictures were of Avery and her hula hoop.  She calls it “Hoop-a-Loop”, thanks to watching Charlie and Lola on the Disney Channel when she was younger.   So, I used the back side of the Scene paper, which had these great swirls on it, as well as the Big Dots paper.  

I love the motion that this great Prima Bling Trim conveyed, so I placed that across the bottom of the photos and topped it with chipboard flowers from the Chipboard Stickers sheet.  I wanted to have something a little fun at the top of the big circle, so I layered the chipboard sun from the Chipboard Stickers with the sun sticker from the Element Sticker Sheet and gave it some sparkle using I-rock Jewels

I added cloud stickers from the Element Sticker Sheet, popped some of them up with pop dots and added a chipboard butterfly from the Chipboard Stickers sheet and a little bit of Prima bling.


A Special Bond

For this layout, I wanted to keep it really simple, so the focus would be on the single photo.  I used the Die-Cut Paper for my background and added the banner from the Chipboard Stickers across one corner.  My favorite paper from this collection is the Scallops paper, so I made that the focal paper.  

I painted a Maya Road scalloped chipboard piece with Hot Pink paint and Pink Lipstick Glimmer Glam.  Love that stuff!  A few more embellishments from the Chipboard Stickers Sheet, Elements Sticker Sheet, a little I-rock bling and some glittery Thickers and this layout was done!


Summer Fun at the Fair

This collection is absolutely made for fair or theme park photos!  That was one of the reasons I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.  Last summer, we took Avery to the Northwest Washington Fair for the first time and she had a blast.  I was so excited to work with a line of papers that was so perfect for scrapping these memories.  I did a simple two-pager for this layout, extending the lines of the papers all the way across the two pages.  

I wanted the great fair-themed embellishments to stand out , so I made them the main embellishments.  I added a few of the brads, along with some additional bling, and after I did, I loved how they resembled the lights on the rides in the photos.  I combined a tag from the Journaling Cards paper and patterned Thickers for the title.


This line has so much possibility!  I still have so many ideas in my head for it and you’ll definitely be seeing more layouts using Echo Park Summer Days from me in the very near future! 

Some Products Used:

      

    

No comments: