Thursday, September 15, 2011

Paper Crafting With Off To School By Fancy Pants Designs


Posted by SarahA (Sarah):


When I saw the sneak peek of the Off To School line from Fancy Pants during CHA, I knew I HAD to have it. With a little one starting kindergarten this year, a school line was a must have for me! 


I love the new chipboard shapes in this line and all of the fun Design Embellishments. There are so many fun options with this line, you can scrap all of your school photos or use them for other projects like I did!


Kindergarten Supplies
I love school supplies. After all, they're like the distant cousin of scrappy supplies, right?! I had to spread it all out and take a photo of our supplies for this year. The pencil paper fit this page perfectly! I also used a few pieces from the strips sheet. I cut and layered 3 of the cards from the cards sheet and used that to list the supplies. I used a lot of the chipboard pieces and layered them in a sort of frame around the journaling cards.
 

 


First Day of School
On this layout, I layered a few strips from the Stripes sheet on the left hand side, then used my machine to stitch around the edge of the paper a few times. I needed a little something extra in the left corner, so I layered one of the cards from the cards sheet under the photo.  I used a little of everything for embellishments on this page- the Design Elements, buttons, chipboard and Chalk Stickers. I also used the Smash Stamp on this page a few times for the date.



 

Altered Box Top Container
A few weeks ago on the message board, there was a discussion on the Box Tops for Education. Grace posted a link of a cute altered container, and I decided to make one, too. 



I raided my recycling bin and found this parmesan cheese container and set to work altering it. I used a border punch for the edges, a few scrapbooking patterned papers and some cardstock to cover the outside. I then wrapped the middle of the jar in twine and made a tag using one of the Chalk Stickers and some Jenni Bowlin alphas. 


The pencil sticker is also from the Chalk Stickers sheet. This is a much cuter alternative to the old envelope I was keeping them in!


 

Flashcard Box
My daughter was sent home with flashcards for the sight words she'll be learning through the year. I decided to make a box to hold them all and set out to look for a template. Turns out a Crayola box of 24 crayons was just the right size! 


I first traced the template on a  piece of patterned paper, then scored the fold lines and assembled the box. I used Tombow liquid glue to adhere the side. When that was completely dry, I used a flash card from the Design Embellishments pack  to decorate the front. On top of that, 


I used a small piece from that pack, punched holes in the sides and tied it on with baker's twine. I also used foam adhesive on the back for a little dimension. My Jenni Bowlin chalkboard alphas made an appearance on this project, too!
 

Products used in this reveal:


No. 2 Pencils Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants DesignsFlashcards Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants DesignsLearning Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants Designs Favorite Teacher Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants DesignsCards Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants DesignsStripes Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants Designs  Measure Up Paper - Off To School By Fancy Pants DesignsOff To School Buttons By Fancy Pants DesignsOff To School Chalk Stickers By Fancy Pants DesignsDate SMASH StampMini Chalkboard Alpha-Multi - Jenni Bowlin StudiosMini Chalkboard Alpha-Black - Jenni Bowlin Studios

1 comment:

Khristen said...

Just got this line myself, and I am in love too! Love the box tops container...beats my plain jane envelope! Thanks for the inspiration :)