Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Paper Crafting With My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky

Posted by SarahA (Sarah):

I loved the new Happy Go Lucky line from My Mind's Eye, but was a little hesitant about all of the purple. Most scrappers I know say that purple is hard to work with or a color they use the least and I'm the same way. Another concern I had was having photos to coordinate. I ordered anyway and I'm so happy I did! 
 
There are also a lot of blues and greens in this line, and even the purple papers were easy to work with. It's such a perfect spring/summer/girly line and I ended up loving each layout more than the one before it!  A lot of the designs I used were the "B" sides of the papers, which you can't see here in the shoppe, but you can see on the MME website right here.
 
Just Dandy
 
For this layout, I used a sketch from Stuck?! because it was different than something I would normally design. I started by cutting several circles from the cute polka dot die cut paper and stitching them down. I used the A and B sides of a few patterened papers for the strips and then added my photos. 

I then stitched my title down, did some handwritten journaling and added some of the super cute little alphas from this line by the bottom photos. I used those alphas on every layout and card I made, and still have a lot of them left!


Spring Has Sprung

What could be better with this line than some spring time lilac photos? I really loved the purple B side of the Hello Zig paper, so I used that as my main sheet. I cut a large banner strip about 3 inches wide, folded it like ribbon and adhered it, then used foam dots to adhere my photo. Instead of using the Cute Journaling Card for journaling, I tucked it under a few of the polka dot strips and let the words peek out. 

I made flowers like these before out of felt, but never paper. It turns out they worked out just as easily and looked just as nice! To make these flowers, I cut a strip of paper an inch wide, then folded it in half length-wise and made cuts about 3/4 of the way down to the edge, then rolled it up and adhered the ends. I used a little bit of hot glue to adhere them to my layout.

 

Quotes

When I saw the word bubble paper in this line, I knew it was designed for a layout I had been thinking of making. Quinn used to be quiet and shy when I was at the doctor's office for baby appointments, but one day that all changed and she started talking. A lot. Saying things that were funny, and of course as all 4 year olds do, things her mother wished she would keep to herself. 

I decided I had to capture some of these random quotes on a layout. I chose 2 pictures I had of her being silly and lined them up with 3 of the small Cute Quote Bubble Die Cuts vertically on the page. I used the bigger Hello Title Die Cut for the title and cut the middle out of it to make it work for my own title. I typed up the quotes on to strips and placed them on the small quote bubbles. I used more of the awesome little alphas and also a sheet of the woodgrain paper, which is a really popular pattern right now.

 

Thank You Cards

I always have use for thank you cards, and my supply was getting low, so I whipped up a few with my left overs from this line. I really liked the big paper ribbon on my Spring layout, so I made a version of that to be the focal point of my first card. Quinn was punching with my punches while I worked on this and wanted me to use what she made, so I lined some of the starburst circles up and added my title above and below those.
 
The second one I did was very simple, but still pretty. I sprayed the white card base with Silver Plated Maya Mist, then punched starbursts and butterflies with my Martha punches, inked the edges and layered them in a row near the bottom. You'll see even after 3 layouts and 2 cards, I still had lots of those great alphas left!

  
   
 
Products used in this reveal:

                                 

4 comments:

Janshotgun said...

Love this line! I loved the creative way you did the first layout with the stitched title and the tiny pearl accents. Great job, Sarah!

Unknown said...

Sarah is so talented - and we love her little model, too!

Jen Allyson said...

wow these are so inspirational! I especially love how you made the big "ribbon" banners out of paper. I also love the call-outs layout.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen!