Thursday, May 5, 2011

Paper Crafting With Yacht Club From Webster's Pages

Posted by ScrapGoo (Jess):

This line is reminiscent of soft Summer breezes, lobster dinners with friends, and a J. Crew catalog.  Preppy with a side of nature.  Canvas totes and white wine at sunset.  Sandcastles and seagulls. For the most part I tend to stay away from themed papers in my scrapbooking.  

I like the freedom of general patterns.  BUT... Webster's Pages new line "Yacht Club" jumped out at me the second I saw it.  I grew up on the coast of Maine and these nautical papers spoke to my childhood spent on boats and islands.  

Webster's always has unique offerings in the embellishment department.  I adore their new doilies and the canvas tags!  They really have a way with finding the essence of their collections and Yacht Club is no exception.  

So welcome aboard! 

Maine Memories Mini Album

Mini Album

I had multiple layouts in mind for this line.  But then I realized it just made more sense to combine them into this mini album and show off some of my more recent memories from my home state of Maine.  While I have a lot of photos from my childhood I sometimes forget to take pictures when I visit as an adult.  So these photos remind me of the love I have for Maine, my family, and the feeling I get when I return home.

Mini Album

I layered a lot of stuff on this cover!  Several layers of paper are sandwiched with a frame sticker and levels of embellishment that I used foam tape to pop off the page.  The album itself is simply raw chipboard that I "whitewashed" with watered down white acrylic paint.  The doily is a detailed touch that I love and the red baker's twine reminds me of the ropes you see on boats.  I used the red ribbon to tie the album together instead of the standard metal rings.

mini album

Lobstah! You really just can't go to Maine and NOT eat lobster! It was a weekly Summer meal in our family, with corn on the cob and garlic butter that was so good it made you want to drink it.  So of course I had to fussy cut the lobster from one of the pattern papers in this line.  The checkered pattern reminds me of the typical plastic tourist bibs and tablecloths that you see in every Maine seafood restaurant!

mini album

This page was inspired more by the nature of Maine.  A few years ago my family rented a cabin on the coast for a week and enjoyed the rocks, sun, and sea.  I love Webster's little resin birds! And this yellow and navy color combo is SO perfectly nautical!

mini album

These are more photos from the same cabin trip.  I used a repeating formula in this book of one side of the page with a wide horizontal piece of accent paper and the other side with a narrower vertical strip of accent paper.  You'll also notice that I used a base paper that was more neutral and let the accent paper be more bright.  It came together fairly quickly because my "formula" dictated the design. 


Celebrate (Father's Day) Card

father's day card

Father's Day is coming up and although my dad is pretty much a guy's guy he really enjoys my handmade cards.  So what better than a card that speaks to his love of Maine, where he still lives.  I cut the large sailboat from one of the papers and used it as my primary embellishment.  I know my dad will appreciate the nod to boating and his home when he gets this. 


Doily XO Card

doily card

I have a special love for this card simply because it is so different from the other things that I created.  I used the soft, warm tans and yellows and actually specifically chose not to use any nautical icons on this to come up with something completely new.  I wish I had buckets full of these pretty doilies! 

This line was a real treat for me to work with.  It gave me warm fuzzies to reflect on my home.  I am sure you will find that Yacht Club is perfect for many of your favorite vacation and beach photos and will be as inspired by it as I was!


Some products used on these projects:

No comments: