Monday, May 2, 2011

Meet Our May 2011 Guest Paper Creative Team Member!

It's a new month and we have a new Guest CT!  Learn more about javalove and check out her great reveal layouts!

 
  Javalove (Lisa)

Name:  Lisa (My screen name is Javalove, which has nothing to do with coffee.  The “java” represents the first letter in the first name of each of my kids.)
 
What’s your favorite television show?   Fringe.  My kids and I bought the dvds and have been watching the first three seasons. I’m also a “Gleek.”

Name 3 musical artists you enjoy.   Jimmy Buffett, Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift.

Name two of your favorite colors.  Red (but I don’t like to scrap with it) and aqua (which I use in a lot of my layouts)

Favorite things to do with your family?   I love to watch my kids play soccer.  When we have the opportunity, I also enjoy traveling with my kids.  It’s fun to watch them discover new places, and they especially love amusement parks.  They’re huge roller coaster fans, but I get too motion sick to ride with them.  Camping on the beach in the summer is another favorite family activity.

What's your favorite scrapping tool to use when scrapbooking?  My Fiskars SureCut paper trimmer – I like the wire that lets me see exactly where I’m cutting.

Name three of your favorite SB companies/lines.   Just three?  I’ll go with Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, and My Mind’s Eye, although I really like Prima, too.

What are your favorite adhesives?   Hmmm….that depends on what I’m adhering.  I love my Xyron for little letters and my glue dots for embellishments like buttons and flowers.  For paper and photos, I have to confess to still using those adhesive photo squares.  I tend to lay everything out before I attach anything, and I like being able to just lift up the edges and slide the adhesive squares into place.

What's the one thing you must have readily available when you sit down to scrap?   My reading glasses!  I can’t see the details up close without them anymore.  A strong cup of coffee beside me doesn’t hurt, either.

What would you like the ACOT members to know about you?   I’m currently an at-home mom to four great kids, ages 20, 14, 10, and 8. We’ve got two dogs (a collie mix and a Great Dane).  My background is in writing and editing, so, unlike a lot of scrappers, I actually look forward to journaling on my pages.  I’d eventually like to get back into writing on a freelance basis, but for now I’m just trying to get caught up on my scrapping! 
 
When I saw these fabulous new goodies from the Fancy Pants Designs' line To the Moon, the first thing I noticed were the fantastic primary colors. I love using bright, bold colors on my pages, and these jumped right out at me. The second thing I noticed was the theme. Since I live in Mars (PA), the line was too tempting to resist. Before Angela had the box in the mail, I had a million and one ideas for using these papers and embellishments. Thanks so much, ACOT, for letting me play with this awesome line.

When I saw the E.E. Cummings quote about mud, I knew I had the perfect beginning for photos I took a couple of weeks ago at my younger daughter's soccer game. The blues and yellows complemented her uniform perfectly, and the banners added a sporty touch.


Because I enjoy word plays and writing, this next page seemed to put itself together. I had fun coming up with the puns in the journaling, and the title is actually cut from one of the papers I received. I thought the alien and stars added just the right touch to the "out of this world" theme.


Don't laugh, but the photo on the next page really was taken on Main Street in our hometown. It's a very, very small town, and they have really gone overboard in playing up the "Mars" theme. The title "3, 2, 1 Blast Off" was taken from the packet of elements included with my goodies, and it seemed like the perfect name for the page. The alien theme couldn't have been more appropriate for this particular picture!


Finally, when my younger son saw his sister's soccer page, he asked me to make one for him, too. The primary colors worked well with the green turf, yellow field lines and blue soccer uniforms, so he got his page.


Thanks for checking out my reveal, and thanks once again to A Cherry on Top for selecting me to be the May guest creative team member!! 
 
Products Used:

       
     

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Terrific job! Love all of the layouts you created. Well done.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sandy!