Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Paper Crafting With Beach Bum By Fancy Pants Designs

Posted by Dianedi (Diane):

Are you ready for summer? I know I am! Our families' annual vacation to Cape Cod is booked, new bathing suits have been purchased, and I've even stocked up on sunscreen. The only thing left to do is sit back, wait for the beautiful weather to arrive, and take plenty of photos! 

In anticipation of the summer season, I went back through my summer photos and realized that I had a few more sets of photos that I wanted to scrap. For this month's reveal, I chose the gorgeous Fancy Pants Beach Bum collection to create a few layouts and cards. 

With ocean waves, palm trees, fish, sailboats and more, this line has everything you need for your summer or vacation photos! 
 

It is what my kids look forward to at the end of every school year...the opening of the pool! Both of my kids turn into fish for the entire summer. When my mom comes to visit in the summer from out of state, her entire visit is focused on swimming with the kids. For this layout, I used some great photos of my son, Colin, jumping into the pool to my mom! 

For the background of the layout, I used Beach Bum Sail and Hang Ten papers. I layered several elements from the Beach Bum chipboard, journaling embellishment die-cuts, and the design embellishments. 

 
 

Back to the beach! I caught my kids in a posing for the camera kind of mood. I got some terrific shots of the two of them making sandcastles and then making funny faces. For the background of the layout, I used the Beach Bum Marina paper and layered it with waves from the Beach Bum Flip Flops paper at the top and bottom. Because I had so many photos that I wanted to use, I cut the design of the layout in half and layered several photos on the top and bottom.

 
 

What would a trip to the beach be without digging for sandcrabs? My kids are obsessed with how many they can capture in their buckets on the days that we head to the beach. During our annual trip to Cape Cod, they always seem to find a few other kids who join in with them. In this layout, Lauren and Colin's cousins and a few new friends joined in on the fun!

For the layout, I used pieces of the Beach Bum Pipeline paper, element cardstock stickers,  glitter cuts, chipboard embellishments, and the yellow alpha cardstock stickers. 

 
 

 

 
 
Products Used:

                            

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the LO's and cards, they are fantastic.
Karen B