Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scrapbooking With Simple Stories

Posted by Kimandasmo (Cindy):

When I first saw these papers and kits called Simple Stories by Memory Works, I thought they were cute but was not sure how to use them. 

They come with "journaling cards" already formed to 4x6, which are perfect for use in album pages. Just simply slide them right into you photo spot between pictures and you are ready to go.

Use as an embellishment or journal away. I am showing you a few examples of how they fit into your albums, but these are just so you can see them and not how I actually used them. Though I am thinking these would look terrific in a mini album for my girls to document their summer.

    

They also have some pieces that are 12X6 , these would make a fantastic mini album. Just add pictures , a few embellies and you are done.  These are perfect if you are feeling overwhelmed, feel like you are behind, or just in a little bit of a mojo dojo. 

They can help you get caught up or help bring back that mojo.  They are also a great time saver if you need to put something together in a hurry.

But wait!  What if you do not want to just do pages in a photo album or a mini album?  These papers and the coordinating stickers work fabulously to create full pages as well. You can cut and paste away as I have done in the following examples.

I used the Simple Stories Kit called 100 Days of Summer for the following layouts.  Be sure to check out their other kits and papers like Destinations (perfect for a vacation album) , Elementary ( I just bought 2 of these to do school albums for my girls) and Life Documented for those everyday albums.
 
Summer Days

For this page I used one of the "strips" as part of my title. I also cut one of the 4x6 cards in half to use as a journaling spot.

 
 
Saturday Practice

For this page, I incorporated 2 of the 4x6 cards, one of the "strips", which I cut in half to use only the pieces I wanted. I also cut the banner out of another of the strips and used it on top and bottom of my page. Each of these pieces I glazed in Glossy Accents to help them stand out a little more.

 
Happy Place

For this layout, I used one of the 12x6 pieces and layered it over kraft cardstock and one of the pattern papers included in this kit. I placed one of the 4x6 overlays over my photo, and accented the page with Liquid Pearls. I also used one of the border stickers( the tickets). 

I cut it into pieces and only used the pieces I wanted. You should never be afraid to cut and piece together elements on a page. Even if it looks like it should be a whole border, if you only want a portion...cut, trim and shape away. 

 
Sand and Surf

For this page, I used another  one of the 4x6 cards for my title, but I changed the wording but cutting small pieces of a coordinating paper and using the alpha stickers included in the kit to change the words to one that matched my page.
 
 
Summer is coming

For this page I used on of the 12x6 pieces on top of one of the coordinating pattern papers included in the kit. I added some stickers, a trimmed 4x6 card and a Prima flower to top it off. The just a few Liquid Pearls accents.

 
I found all of the pieces in this kit to be amazing. I had a hard time choosing which side of the cards and papers I was going to use. I can't wait to see the new kits from this great company as they come out. They are sure to top your favorites list as soon as you give them a try.

Thank you to A CHERRY ON TOP for allowing me the pleasure of playing with these great products:

      

No comments: