Friday, August 26, 2011

Paper Crafting With October Afternoon's Boarding Pass


Posted by 4peasinourpod (Pam):

I have been traveling a lot lately, so when I saw Boarding Pass by October Afternoon, I was excited to use it for my reveal.  (If you look closely, however, you will see that only one of these layouts is about a recent trip.  Apparently you need to actually PRINT the pictures from those).  


The line is in true October Afternoon style.  There are a few travel related papers, and then they compliment the rest of the line with versatile and complimentary papers.  As always, the embellishments from October Afternoon are incredible. 


I bought almost everything that they carried, and used almost all of it in my layouts. (Well, except the things that said PARIS, as I have never been there.)


My first layout is of a trip that I took in January.  I met up with three AMAZING women and we stayed right on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico on Captiva Island.  Even though the trip was in January, we set up a Christmas tree in our cottage, and one morning exchanged gifts.  


Jules gave us all stockings with different "toppers" .  Mine had a reindeer, Janet got a sock monkey and Clare's had a COW.  (Which I think I should have gotten, because I am from Wisconsin, but apparently she loves Clare the best.)  The "Palm Beach Girl" from Florida was perfect for this layout. 



 
This next layout is from last year's family vacation to South Dakota.  I LOVED the car chipboard, except it reminded me of the 16 hours in the car each way.  Then I didn't like it so much.  (Actually, I still did love it!)  I also loved the little touristy guy with the mountains.  I loved ALL of those chipboard guys, as you will see.
 



This layout describes a trip to visit Jules and Gene a couple years ago.  When I looked at the variety of stickers, rubons, and other embellishments, I got the idea to do a fun and different kind of layout - telling a story through embellishments.  Here is the story:  I went to the airport. (airplane).  I got stopped in security, and got frisked because I was bringing a gift of spices to them for letting me stay at their home.  


Security thought I was a drug dealer, and searched me, my bag, and wiped all the spice containers with a special wipe to see if I was traveling with illegal drugs.  Me.  The mom of 4 who doesn't even have time to breathe, much less deal drugs.  So...I got to go.  I had to run to the gate; got on the plane, and arrived in Paradise (see the palm tree?)...and was picked up by my friends.  See how much fun a layout of mostly embellishments can be?
 


This next layout is about a girl that is near and dear to my heart.  She has drive and ambition, and strives hard to achieve every goal that she sets for herself.  She is an inspiration to me and to all of my children.  She set out to get her motorcycle license and then bought a motorcycle with money that she earned.  I used the world map paper to signify that she's able to go anywhere with her determination.   


 


October Afternoon has kept their usual quality and diversity in this line.  I highly recommend it for any traveling layouts that you are going to be scrapbooking soon.  Just remember to print out those pictures.


1 comment:

JulesinParadise said...

Great use of product and your designs are so much fun and so well done!