Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome Brandy - Our March 2012 Guest Paper Design Team Member!

blbabe1234 - guest ctScreennameBlbabe1234

NameBrandy

A Bit About Blbabe1234 I'm a software developer who works from home. I have been happily married to a wonderful man for almost 5 years; whom I met at college. We do not have any children together, but my husband has an 18 year old son from a previous marriage.  I have 3 very spoiled dogs who all have birthdays this month! Jeffrey James is a Corgi/Bull Terrier mix who is extremely hyper and dominates the whole doggie gang. He will be turning 8 years old. Then I have my two beautiful black labs – Ruby Mae & Lady Bear – who will be turning 7 years old.

I have been scrapping for 2 years and enjoy scrapping a lot of different subjects – from my dogs to my friends, and my wedding to DH’s childhood pics. I have also obtained all of my Mom’s photo albums, which allows me to be able to scrap almost any subject.

I got into scrapping when I saw my SIL Jenn working on her family scrapbook. My mom had always told me she would love to receive a scrapbook of me and Rob, from babies all the way up to adulthood. So I went to my local Hobby Lobby, and was just in shock and in complete awe of all the pretty paper, stickers, ribbons, bling, etc. 



I gathered a few basic supplies and started out by scrapping some of me and my friends. From there I was completely hooked! I also get together quarterly with a few friends who also scrap. It’s nice to see everybody’s different styles and it’s so much fun.

I found ACOT back in July 2010 when I couldn’t find any solid purple cardstock variety packs. I searched online and Google led me to ACOT. I’ve been buying stuff from them and hanging out on the MB ever since!



When I think of March, I think of spring and beautiful blues and greens, with yellow and peach. I found those colors in We R Memory Keeper’s Good Day Sunshine collection and immediately fell in love with the products.


For my first layout, I knew I wanted to feature my friends after seeing the “Best Friends” chipboard sticker. I chose the paper “Robin” for its slightly glittered flowers, and it went so well with the photo. This photo was taken at the Water Gardens here in Corpus Christi. For the photo mat, I used the back of “Lynn die-cut paper”. I also used the phrase “good times are even better when they’re shared with friends” – which happens to be the front of the “Lynn”. I polished the layout off with one of the chipboard flowers, paired with two of the chipboard leaves.


good day sunshine reveal


For my second layout, I chose to feature the most wonderful man I know – my husband. I used the paper “Ann” to contrast with one of the squares that the back of “Jane” offers. I really like the peach and blue together. I used the phrase “the most amazing person I know” strip from “Lynn”. 


I placed the embossed border sticker at the bottom of the photo, and used the “You Make Me Smile” tag. I polished the layout with 2 chipboard flowers, “You Are Truly Amazing” chipboard sticker and an embossed tag sticker. I believe all these phrases truly signify my love for my husband.


good day sunshine


For my last layout, I chose to feature my fur babies. I mean, what kind of a reveal would this be without showcasing Lady Bear, Ruby Mae, and Jeffrey! I chose the front of the “Sherry” paper with polka dots, used ½ of the front of “Jane” to lay horizontal, then used the back of what was left of “Jane” as a mat for my puppies. I really loved the stripes against the star burst background paired with the polka dots. I also used the two small strips that were left over from “Lynn” and put one on the top, then put the other one at the bottom.


I placed an embossed flower sticker over the left corner and a chipboard sticker over the right corner. Our dogs bring so much happiness and joy into our lives, so I chose to use “happiness”, “dreaming”, and “full of sunshine” chipboard words as part of my title/journaling. I thought the layout was complete, but then I had an idea. With the leftover scraps I had from the back of “Lynn” I grabbed my circle cutter and cut out two medium circles and 8 small circles to create a 3D paw print using foam adhesive!


good day sunshine
 
Products used:

No comments: