Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How To Scrapbook Using Grids


Posted by Kimandasmo (Cindy):

Thank you for joining me this month for part two of Making the Grid. Missed Part 1? Click HERE.  


This month we are going to look at making grids with your pictures. I like doing this because it allows you to use multiple pictures on one scrapbooking page, without over crowding it. For this reveal I have used 6-9 pictures on each of my layouts.


Around the Page
My first picture grid I like to call around the page, because the photos form a grid around the page with your title in the center.


For this layout I started with 9 pictures trimmed to approximately 3x3.




I placed my pictures on my background paper, the reverse side of  Little Flowers by Echo Park, around the page touching each other leaving the center open, creating a square. In this space I cut and matted some complimentary cardstock to approximately 5 X 2 1/2, this is the space I used for my title.




I then added my title and embellished my page using Making the Team Alpha + bits from Bella Blvd.


 

Collage Style
For this page I started with six photos, that I cropped to approximately 2 1/2x 2 1/2:




I matted these pictures touching each other, on Learning Paper from Fancy Pants, as you might do a collage photo. I then placed this large mat on top of my background. For my background I used Too Cool  and New Shoes.




I then embellished my page using pieces from Cards Paper. I tried to stay with the grid style when placing my embellishments.


 

Separated Grid
For this page I started with six pictures trimmed to approximately 3x3. I matted each photo separately on black card stock.
 

Then I created my background using layers of paper from Happy Days By Echo Park:



I kept a space in the center of my photos and created a grid using strips of this blue paper.
 
 
I used the space between the pictures to make my title. Then I completed my scrapbooking page using accent embellishments from Happy Days by Echo Park.




I hope you have found some great and simple ways to incorporate grid style layouts into your scrapbooking. I can't wait to see them in the gallery.


Thanks to A Cherry on Top for allowing me to create with these great products:


2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

What I like best about your blog is tips and techniques like the one shown here on using grids to scrapbook. This technique could be used for so many other things as well. What I like about your store is the variety of product!

Khristen said...

Love these! I am a fan of multi-photo layouts. It's amazing to look back over the past 15 years of scrapping and seeing what I USED to do with lots of pics. Frightening!