Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meet Our September 2011 Guest Paper Creative Team Member!

Posted by 4peasinourpod (Pam):

We at A Cherry on Top want to extend a warm welcome to writerlady, our lovely Guest Designer for the month of September.  She used the incredible Christmas line from Karen Foster Designs.  WOW!!!  So fabulous!  Please pull up a chair and learn a little more about her:


Name: Sandy Lewis  (aka writerlady)


Name 3 musical artists you enjoy. Bare Naked Ladies, John Mellancamp, Lady Gaga

Name 2 of your favorite colors. blue and pink

Favorite thing to do with your family? Movie night - for sure!



What would you like the ACOT members to know about you? Hi - I am thrilled to be the guest CT this month! I joined ACOT during a Scrapbooking Day crop - and I was totally overwhelmed, but kept coming back. I am married, with 2 grown sons and 2 grown stepsons. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. 


I am disabled and I no longer work. I have loved paper scrapping since I saw my first Sandi Genovese show on TV when I was out on Disability, about 7 years ago now. Then I went to Michael's and I was totally hooked. I made my mom a scrapbook for her 50th birthday and tried to scrap a few pages, and then I had to have surgery. I was limited in what I could do for a while, and I somehow stumbled on digital scrapping. 


It was fun and I got lots of pages done, so I have stayed with it. Still, paper scrapping was tugging at me. I finally convinced dh that I was not "collecting" all of the scrapbook supplies just to clutter up the house. He bought me the Workbox earlier this year and I finally have a space to scrap. And I do... I love it! 




My first layout (above) is about all of the family birthdays we have in December. I had these photos of my birthday and my son's birthday. I wasn't crazy about the background of my son's photos, so I did an extraction and then printed it out. The white background is a little much, but honestly it's better than it was before. The bottom photo is from 2 years ago on my birthday. My mom baked me a carrot cake, and it was very heavy. These 2 nuts pretended it weighed about 5,000 pounds, and I laughed so hard that I was crying when I blew out the candles. Don't tell my mom, ok?




I still had paper and stickers and brads, oh my! So - I made a mini book (above) with a Santa's Hat chipboard book I picked up in a dollar bin. I covered it in 2 of the papers and Bazzill cardstock. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper on, and then I sanded the edges and used my craft knife to clean it up. I inked all of the edges. I wanted to record the changes in my family over the years. I got 5 years in this minibook. I will be buying a new Christmas minibook for this Christmas that I can do the next 5 years or more in. This will be out of my table during the holidays, so everyone can look through it.


View Sandy's complete article/reveal by visiting our Resources Page!

No comments: