Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Help Us Welcome Sandy - Our October 2015 Guest Designer!

Screenname:  writerlady       

First name: Sandy

Favorite Color: ocean blue (I’m not sure that’s a real color name, but it’s my very favorite color)

My craft supply 'must have': Right now it would be Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in gold. Of course it’s always patterned paper – that’s my first love and what got me scrapping in the first place.

I mostly create: 12 x 12 layouts. I’ve only made 2 2-page or double page layouts. I don’t always have that many photos to make a double page layout. I am thrilled to be scrapping my tiny little grandson now. He has my heart for sure. I also make mini books, the occasional 8 ½ x 11 layout and some pocket pages to put on the other side of a 12 x 12 layout when I have more photos to include.

Guilty pleasure: I hope I can have more than one… In scrapping, it’s Heidi Swapp's Gold mist and my much loved patterned paper. In life it’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, watching Project Runway and Downton Abbey or going shopping in a nice little store just for myself.





Scrapbooking layout: 'As You Grow'


product used:

 simple stories we are family collection


Sandy tells us about this paper crafting project:

'As I was looking through my photos to decide what to scrap next, I remembered one of the cut aparts in the Simples Stories We Are… Family Collection Kit. It has this wonderful list of things I wished for my little grandson Chance as he gets older. I love him SO much already and watching him grow is the greatest joy in my life...' continue reading




Scrapbooking layout: 'Thankful for Family'


products used:
 echo park the story of fall collection


Sandy tell us about this paper crafting project:

'This was the first full day we were down in NC with our new grandson. My stepson and his beautiful partner took us out for barbeque. Now this photo was taken in July but look at the colors in it.  I thought it was perfect coloring for the Echo Park The Story of Fall by Lori Whitlock. Who says you have to only scrap fall using a fall kit? I scrapped summer. The beautiful background paper is called Wood Floral. I fussy cut some of the banners on the top left and popped up parts of them. I covered the rest of the paper with clear gesso. Then I used my favorite stencil by Hero Arts – it’s got tons of little heart groupings. They aren’t all the same, so it’s fun to play around with'... continue reading



Congratulations Sandy! Thank you for sharing your talents with us and we look forward to your paper crafting challenges!  To read Sandy's complete interview and view more of her projects, click here

guest designer a cherry on top

Click here to find out how to submit


No comments: