Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Paper Crafting With Zoology By Bo Bunny

Posted by bluejeans7 (Angela):

I know that some of us have a hard time scrapping "themed" lines and a zoo line can be very hard to work with.  I think that Bo Bunny does a beautiful job with the Zoology line.  I love all the different animal print pattern papers, plus the other zoo patterns that go so well with them.  

All of the embellishments are great!  You have cardstock stickers, die-cuts, borders, journaling pieces, chipboard pieces, brads, stamps, trinkets, and even some bling!  It's a great line to scrap with and I plan on ordering me more!  LOL!
 
How Much Is That Gorilla In The Window?:   

I have found it that when you scrap a large photo it's sometimes hard to find a balance between using not enough or too many embellishments.  I decided to keep things simple by using only three different pattern papers, a large die-cut (behind my photo), a border strip and a border chipboard cut-out.  

I think the couple of oversized embellishments are just the right balance with my 6x9 photo.  And this was a photo that I really wanted to highlight and not overshadow.

 
Beary Special Friends:  

Sometimes it's fun to go back to the "old school" days of scrapbooking when stickers were the hot embellishment.  I really like all the different kinds of cardstock stickers that are in this line.  There are animals, borders, sayings and even three different sets of letter stickers.  Stickers may not be the "must have" embellishment for a lot of people but I still love to use them.

 
Can We Take Him Home?:  

On my last layout I had so much fun mixing and layering these cool pattern papers.  And for my embellishments I went wild with the fun chipboard pieces.  I used one for my journaling and even layered some of the circle chipboard pieces on the circle design of the pattern paper.

 
Bookmarks:  

Most of you have seen photos of my new scrapbook room and know that I love leopard, zebra, tiger and giraffe prints.  I also love to read so I just had to make myself some bookmarks with this line.  I totally love all four of these bookmarks!

 
 
Altered Pen Holder:  

To finish off my reveal I very simply (because I like my altered items that way.  LOL!) altered this plain brown pen holder.  Here's both the front and back sides.  I think I will be ordering more of the Zoology line so I can alter more items for my scrapbook room.

 
 
 
Products Used:

               
   

No comments: