Monday, June 20, 2011

Paper Crafting With Dots And Stripes From Echo Park Paper

Posted by SarahA (Sarah):

When I first saw Echo Park's announcement about the Dots and Stripes lines, I wasn't that excited. It seemed like a boring neutral line that I might pick up a piece or two of. When my reveal time came around for June, though, I gave it another look and I'm so glad I did! 

These lines coordinate perfectly with all of their previous lines, they work well with each other and they're great all on their own! These two lines really are the ultimate in scrapping any type of event!

High Flying Fun
 
The first layout I did used papers from the Candy Shoppe collection. I found a clip art kite online, resized it in 3 different sizes, then traced them onto 3 of the papers. I used twine for the kite strings and cut ties from the brown paper. The alphas included were the perfect size and font for this layout, and the element stickers had a ton of journaling shapes and labels to choose from for adding a little extra "something". The background paper is from the Life is Good line- see how it perfectly coordinates with the Candy Shoppe papers?


Tigers vs. Yankees
 
The second layout I did mixed the Navy from the Metropolitan line and the Mango from the Candy Shoppe line. I layered them on white cardstock for a base for my photos. The banner flag stickers in the corner were just perfect for this layout! 

I added some stars cut from the paper and an October Afternoon sticker in the middle for a little extra embellishment, and this page was done. Simple enough using only two sheets of patterned paper and minimal embellishment, but still fun and eye-catching! By the way, the Tigers won! ;)


Sew Busy
 
I wanted to do a page with some of my sewing projects from this year, but I didn't need a lot of room to tell a story or for lots of photos, so I decided to do an 8.5 x 11"  page. Again, I mixed the Metropolitan (teal and black) and Candy Shoppe (watermelon) lines for this page. 

I resized my photos to 2x3" to fit on the shipping tags, then adhered them and stitched the tags on. The Metropolitan alphas were perfect on this layout against the pink  paper, so I adhered, then stiched them on, running back and forth with my sewing machine several times. 

One of the journaling stickers from the Metropolitan element sticker sheet made a nice little embellishment at the bottom paired with some Maya Road chipboard sprayed with Black  Licorice Maya Mist.


Preschool Graduate
 
I again mixed papers from both Dots & Stripes lines- Navy and Ruby Red from Metropolitan and Mango from Candy Shoppe. The green paper from the Life is Good line shows again how these lines coordinate so well with their previous releases. 

I made a little cluster of embellies using the 1,2,3 stickers from the Playground line, a layered apple from the Ruby Red paper cut with my Slice, and a sticker and tin pin from October Afternoon. If you're in need of some basic, primary colored papers and stickers for some recent end of year school photos (or you're catching up on a year's worth of school stuff), this line is absolutely perfect for that!

 
Products used in this reveal:

                                 

1 comment:

Janshotgun said...

Great job, Sarah! I especially like the Tigers layout!