Monday, June 27, 2011

Paper Crafting With Sweet Summertime By LYB

Posted by Kimandasmo (Cindy):

Just one step outside your front door and I am sure you can tell that SummerTime is here! The sun is shining, the skies are blue, the grills are grilling and the grass is green. This is the perfect time of year to get out and use your camera. 

There are so many opportunities to capture great shots, either planned or spontaneous.  Once you finish capturing all those fabulous moments, you need a great line of papers to scrap them with and I am here to show you the perfect SummerTime line. 

Little Yellow Bicycle has released their new line called Sweet SummerTime and it is just perfect. It combines the hot color scheme of the season, red, blue, and yellow. It has fireflies, pinwheels and fruits... all signs of the season. As with many of the LYB lines, this line has journaling cards, transparent shapes, a great book of tickets, fabulous canvas borders, fresh verse stickers, flower buttons and much much more. 

If you have ever scrapped with any of these products from their previous lines, you already know how wonderful they are.

For my first layout I chose to capture one of my daughters favorite things to do once the weather warms up. As she walks home from school each day she collects as many dandelions as she can. After she finishes her homework/chores she finds a quiet place to make her wishes and give them a blow. On this day I was able to sneak up on her and grab a shot, I love it even though the dandelion kind of blends into the grass.


Beach time. What else would you do with summer days in Florida?? This layout is of my daughter and her friends as they were walking along the shore.


Kayaking... another wonderful way to spend a summer day. These photos really mean a lot to me because my daughters do not get along well. On this day they chose to go together in a double kayak instead of each going by themselves. They even worked hard together and managed to keep their strokes in sync.


This layout is one of reflections on summers past. My dad loves lemonade and this pitcher was always on the top shelf of my parents fridge. Till this day I cannot make anything in it but lemonade.


Close your eyes, give it a spin, and see what favorite summertime activity it lands on. I love this little spinner. I thought it worked great on this happy summer card. I'm not sure who the lucky person will be that gets it in the mail, but I am sure they will love it.

 

Thanks to ACOT for allowing me to play with this great SummerTime Line:

   

2 comments:

JenE said...

GREAT papers! Love your LOs...the lemonade only made me laugh. Doesn't everyone have a memory like that???

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! The papers are truly lovely & we love what Cindy did w/ the line!