Monday, June 13, 2011

A Big Welcome To ScrapEgypt - Our June Digi Guest CT Member!

Hi, my name is Cielle (ScrapEgypt), and I am thrilled, honored, and a bit amazed to be the June Digital Guest Creative Team member! In case anyone is curious, my name is pronounced like the letters “CL” and comes from the French word “ciel” which means heaven or sky.

I started shopping at ACOT back when it was just Stickers Galore, and I love everything about it - the products, the service, the challenges, and the crops. And without a doubt, the people here are the friendliest, most welcoming, and most creative around! When I’m in a slump, I know this is the place to come to get me back on track.

I have been married almost 22 years and have 2 great sons. My oldest just finished his freshman year at Penn State. My youngest just graduated from high school and will be attending LSU.

Although we currently live Houston, New Orleans is home for me. We also lived overseas for 7 years (Egypt and Azerbaijan), and if all goes well, my husband and I will be heading back overseas in the fall. Yes, I know, most people buy boats or smaller houses or fancy cars when they become empty-nesters. But not us - we’re leaving the country!!

Scrapbooking first got my interest back in 2000 because I thought it would be a great way to document all the genealogy work I was doing. Although I have yet to complete a heritage album, I really love doing heritage pages. Until very recently I was a die-hard paper scrapper and have a stash of supplies that is somewhat embarrassing. But the prospect of moving overseas again (and the hassles of getting supplies) pushed me to the “Dark Side!”

I have only been digital scrapping since February, but I am hooked. I am still very much a beginner, but I am learning more and more each week. The flexibility and forgiveness (love that “undo” button!) of digi scrapping is just so nice.

Thanks ACOT for giving me this opportunity to be part of your Creative Team! I can’t wait to take part in the reveals, help promote the wonderful ACOT kits, and maybe even offer a challenge or two of my own.

Here is one of her wonderful layouts:





Welcome Cielle!

No comments: