Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scrapbooking With Hometown Summer By Pink Paislee

Posted by Kimandasmo (Cindy):

Do you ever wonder what happens when two great things collide? You get unbelievable and awesome! That is what has happened here. Pink Paislee and Collage Press have joined forces..and the result is an amazing line called Hometown Summer.  

This line just shines with happiness and warmth. I was immediately drawn to the colors and the designs in these papers. The embellishments are not too shabby either!

My first layout with this line is about how lucky I am to live where I do. I am blessed to be just miles from both the ocean and the gulf and to have many days of beautiful sunshine. This photo was taken a few weeks ago on a recent trip to Flagler Beach on the East Coast of Florida. 

I layered Summer Fun on top of Heat Wave with pop dots to give it some dimension. I placed my photo on top the summertime die-cut bingo card. The word Paradise in my title is done with the Alpha stickers  that I then covered with Tattered Angels Sugar Cane Glimmer Glaze. The summer days banner I cut into 2 pieces to fit the top of my page. The star that was on either end of the banner I placed under the edge pf the photo as well, to not waste any little bit of this line.

 

My 2nd layout is based on a (sort of) local event held in my area.  For an embellishment on this layout I used the word Summer from the edge strip of the papers that most people throw away. I also loved the little watermelon buttons chip art and the watermelon banner...even though my daughter was eating her first strawberry shoprtcake in this pic.


This next layout was a play off the numbers paper... on our block we often meet in the street on spring and summer evenings for chit chat and games. On this particular night we were playing Hopscotch and even the adults got in on the fun.


This next layout showcases some sights from one of our favorite little towns to go play tourist... the Sponge Docks of Tarpon Springs. If you ever come to Florida you have to get to this little Greek town. It is amazing..so much fun to walk the little shoppes and experience all of the great restaurants. I choose to turn the borders end to end to "frame" my photos.
 

We have a new family that has moved onto our street. Since we have such a great relationship with everyone on our street I decided to make them a card to welcome them. We are hoping that they enjoy being a part of our street as much as we do.


Thank you to A Cherry On Top for allowing me to play with this awesome line.

Sampling Of Products Featured In This Review:
             

No comments: