Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cosmo Cricket's Social Club & Glubers !

Posted by Kimandasmo(Cindy):

Join the club. Have you ever heard the name of a line of paper and had it hit a sentimental note? This new line by Cosmo Cricket was like that for me. As soon as I heard the name of the line was Social Club, I knew I had to have it, sight unseen.

All through my years of growing up, my grandmother was always saying she was going to Social Club. The names of the individual papers are just as sentimental, such as Jazz, Martini, Cocktail, Swingin' and Blue Eyes. Cosmo Cricket is always known for its great papers with uniques patterns and this line is no different. It has large vibrant patterns as well as more subtle smaller patterns.

For my first 3 projects I chose to use the biggest social event of the year, for any high school senior, at least. Prom. Some of my daughter's friends got ready for prom at my house, even though she was not going to prom this year.
For this first one, I cut flowers from Blue Eyes, and layered them on top of Swingin'. Added some chipboard flowers from Ready Set Chipboard.

I also added some bling bling, and a few pieces from the elements sheet.


This next one is a little more playful. I layered Cocktail on top of Swingin'. I used some of the Butterflies and Doilies to accent the page. The title came from Ready Set Chip.


This scrapbooking layout is a little different, as I wanted to give this to his mom. I found this frame at my local thrift shop and it matched these papers perfectly. This young man was the date to the young lady in the first layout, so I wanted the pieces to be complimentary to each other.

So often we scrap the pages of our memories and put them away in an album somewhere to only be pulled and flipped through occasionally. I wanted this to be different. I want her to be able to put it on a table and see it everyday. I love the way this turned out and plan on doing more pages this way for my own home.

      

For this quick card I used the scraps from the above projects as well as some Social Club cardstock stickers and a piece from the elements paper.

        

My last project I used some of the other colors and designs from this line. The base is Jazz, layered with Martini and borders. It is embellished with Butterflies and doilies and a flower utilizing the new Cosmo Cricket Glubers.


What are Glubers and how do they work? Glubers are various size large glue dots. They work just like smaller glue dots but they are huge! perfect for making whatever type of flowers or other embellishments you may like. I am in love with these and you will be seeing many "flowers" on upcoming projects using the few of these I have left.
------------------------------------------------------
Cindy lives in Florida with her husband and two daughters.  She has been a scrapbooker for over 10 years and is brilliant at creating paper flowers.  You can view all of Cindy's articles in ACOT Resources.

No comments: