Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Scrapbooking With Sweetly Smitten By Sassafras Lass

Posted by megamay (Megan)

This month I was lucky enough to work with Sassafras Lass' new 'Sweetly Smitten' line. The colors in this line are just divine! I love the bright, but not garish, oranges and yellows mixed with the pinks and a pop of teal. 

For my first page, I used a PageMaps sketch, and a photo of my daughter with blue cotton candy. The blue cotton candy plays off of the blues in the paper. I used my cricut to cut the kraft paper into the fancy bracket shape, then since I didn't want to waste all of that background paper, I cut a half inch smaller version of the same shape from the center of the background paper, so I could save it and re-use it.


With the paper that I saved from the page above, I created the next page. I cut the curved parts from three sides, and used them throughout the layout, and used the remaining center and one curved part as the main part of the page.


For this page, I just created a simple grid pattern. I didn't want it to be too busy, so I used the same color pallet throughout.


Finally, for this page, I used a sketch from Pencil Lines, and combined the Sweetly Smitten papers with a few pops of an older Sassafras Lass Line - Nerdy Bird.


-------------------------------------------------------
Megamay (aka: Megan) resides in Pennsylvania with her husband and daughter.  Megan has been scrapbooking for over 6 years and loves experimenting with her art.


No comments: