Thursday, March 31, 2011

Scrapbooking With The Botanical Collection By Prima

Posted by JulesinParadise (Jules)

It is Spring and a girl's fancy turns to....why pretty papers and embellishments, what else?  And I found my heart's desire with Prima's Botanical line.  The papers are soft and lovely and so conducive to scrapping almost anything.

This company, which is known for its amazing flowers, has out done itself with this product line.  The rub ons go on smoothly, the flowers enhance the papers and the chipboard shapes and paper cut outs are perfection. 

I had such a wonderful time scrapping a variety of photos with these and still have many more to do.  I am definately reordering this line!  I hope you are not tired of seeing my photos of our Med. cruise.  I could not help myself.  These papers were perfect for our lunch in the Plaka in Athens, our arrival in Salerno, Italy and our day trip up the Amalfi Coast.

The photos on the layouts of Salerno and Amalfi were printed onto canvas paper and enhanced with pearlescent water color paints and painted on Glimmer Mists.  I first sharpen the photo in my Picasa program, then print.  I allow the canvas paper to dry over night, apply the paints and mists with a small tipped paint brush, allow those to dry and spray with an acrylic sealer.  The photos turn out looking like a painting with depth and texture.
 

Last January, our friend from New Zealand, Clare, came to visit the US and spent two weeks with Janet M, Pam B and me here in Paradise.  We spent four days together, thanks to Clare, on Captiva Island.  The tales are many and the laughs continue to this day.  During a morning walk on the beach, I shot this picture of Pam.  She had no idea I snapped this.  I love this candid of her.  I love that she is My Friend.

On one of our last days, Janet M, her husband, Bob, my hubby, Clare and I attended a showing at the Chihuly Glass Museum and, afterwards, had drinks on the veranda of the historic Vinoy hotel in St. Pete, Florida.  It was a beautiful day and thank you Prima for creating the perfect papers for the layout.

I have often thought that many of the papers carried in the ACOT store would be lovely to paper a room or turn into wearable art...so I did.  I scanned the paper, printed it onto canvas paper just as I did for the Amalfi Coast photo and enhanced the color a bit with Smooch.  What this did was add the appearance of texture to the print.

I scanned this and printed it onto June Tailor iron on fabric.  I cut that into squares and placed them on my tee shirt.  I used a permanent fabric glue to adhere the lace trim (Webster's Pages).  The Prima flower is attached with magnets, one glued to the back of the flower and a second one placed inside the tee shirt directly behind the flower.  A woman at a store had one attached to a blouse this way and I've borrowed her idea.  This way, the lovely silk flower can be removed for washing the tee (inside out, of course, on delicate hung to dry).

Thank you, Prima, for making my heart sing!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Jules is a retired English teacher originally from St. Louis, MO.  Besides paper crafting, she enjoys traveling with her best friend/husband Gene, kayaking and teaching scrapbooking classes locally and nationally.

No comments: