Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scrapbooking With 3 Bugs In A Rug's April Showers

Posted by averys_mom (Mandi)

For my first reveal, I got to work with 3 Bugs in A Rug April Showers.  How cute are these products?!?  And let me tell you, they’re even cuter in person!  Thanks so much to ACOT for letting me work with these great products!

Darling Daughter

For this layout, I was inspired by the colors on the backside of the Springtime PP and chose a photo of Avery standing near a hydrangea bush.  I used a piece of K&Co cardstock for my base and large piece of Springtime (backside).  I cut a scalloped circle out of Pretty Bird and adhered that to a paper doily.  Then I punched a border down two sides of Rain Boots (backside) using my Martha Stewart Swirling Lace punch, to make a mat for my photo.  

I cut “Darling” using my Cricut and the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge out of Rain Boots (backside), Pretty Bird (backside) and Elegance Core Couture Core’dinations.  I cut the tag also with Once Upon a Princess.  I finished the title off with White Sunny Thickers.  I also had some older Prima hydrangea flowers that matched perfectly (don’t you love it when that happens?) and so I added them to echo the flowers in my photo.


Flying High

This layout came together super quickly for me.  I used a Sassy Li’l Sketches sketch for my inspiration.  I cut a large piece of Chick-A-Dee (backside) and punched it down both sides using my Fiskars Apron Lace punch.  I adhered this to my Bo Bunny Powder Blue Double Dot cardstock base.  I used large strips of of  Rain Boots and Showers (backsides) vertically and small strips of Umbrella Perch, Pretty Bird and Kaleidoscope (backsides) horizontally. 

I offset my photo on a piece of Pretty Bird.  The banner pieces are from the Die-cut Shapes and I pop dotted them for some dimension.   White Sunny Thickers for my title and a small die-cut tag completed the layout! 


To view Mandi's full product review, be sure to visit our Resources Page!  Mandi did a fabulous job - and we're so happy she's a new part of our A Cherry On Top Creative Team!
-----------------------------------------------------------




ACOT would like to welcome Mandi as one of our newest Creative Team Members! Mandi is a stay at home mom and has been married for over 10 years to the 'friend' she's known since 4th grade. We look forward to seeing more of her talents in the A Cherry On Top Gallery soon!

No comments: