Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How To Use Glimmer Glaze By Tattered Angels


Posted by bluejeans7

Now,  I know we have all heard of Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels, but did you know about their Glimmer Glaze? I know Glimmer Glaze isn't new but for some reason I missed it when it first came out, so I decided to try it for my CT reveal. 

I have to admit that I was a little scared to try something totally new to me for a reveal, but I was also excited.  Just ask Pam, I bugged and texted her a lot.  LOL!  Sorry Pam!  Glimmer Glazes work on so many different surfaces.  You can use them on paper, wood, metal, glass and more!

I Love Being Your Mom:  I started this layout by spraying a sheet of white cardstock with the Chalkboard Teal High Heel and Decadence sprays.  I embossed some metal sheets and then painted them with the Midnight Rendezvous, Emerald Cove and Cowboy Glimmer Glazes.  

I added my title, some doodling around the edges and this layout was finished.  I can't believe that I created a layout with NO pattern paper!  LOL!!

 
Picture Perfect:  Once again I started with a white cardstock.  This time I sprayed it with the Chalkboard Polka Dot Pink, Decadence, Sprout and Firefly.  Then I used a couple sheets of patterned paper from the Bo Bunny Petal Pushers line.  I embossed another sheet of metal and then painted it with the Chianti Glimmer Glaze.  

For embellishments I used some Zva Creative pearls and Prima flowers.  I sprayed one flower with the Chalkboard Firefly.  The other three flowers were painted with the Wicked and Chianti Glimmer Glazes.  Then I added a little of the Pewter Glimmer Glaze for my center.

 
Forever In My Heart:  On my last layout, I used papers from the Basic Grey Lime Rickey line.  I punched and embossed a dozen hearts.  Then I painted half the hearts with the Chianti Glimmer Glaze and the other half with the Midnight Rendezvous Glimmmer Glaze.  I love how these hearts turned out!

 
Altered Boxes:  After making my layouts I decided I wanted to try altering a couple of boxes, one is a tin box and the other is wood.  Glimmer Glaze works great on both metal and wood.  I first painted the tin box with some white acrylic paint to cover the design.  After the paint dried I brushed on a layer of the Sugar Can Glimmer Glaze.  

Then I used a fan brush to add a thin layer of the Cowboy Glimmer Glaze and then sprayed it lightly with the Chalkboard Sprout spray.  On the lid I place some Mark Richards mosaic sticker tiles and a Prima flower.  For the wood box I started with a coat of Cowboy Glimmer Glaze, then added a heavy coat of Sugar Can Glimmer Glaze.  

After that dried, I went in with a fan paintbrush and added highlights of the Chianti Glimmer Glaze.  I also brushed the glass with the Chianti and then metal hinges and clasp with the Sugar Cane.  Some Zva Creative pearls and Prima flowers finish this box.

after 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Angela resides in Kansas with her husband and two children.  Her love of photography naturally drew her to scrapbooking.  Angela's favorite scrapbook manufacturers include Basic Grey, Prima and My Mind's Eye.

No comments: