Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hybrid Stocking Stuffers & Decorations


Posted by milmomma (Brittney):

From Christmas carols to snowmen and snowflakes, the weather is changing and the season is upon us. We are all so busy with so much to do. 


The tinsel has to be hung and the cookies baked, but remember to take time to make something for you! Since I love to make hybrid things, I made some decorations for me and stocking stuffers for my kids. 


I even included a gift for my son's girlfriend that moved away.




I had a blast with the KaiserCraft train and some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. It was my first time using the mist, and my best advice is to cover every surface within a 3 foot radius. 


I made a mess with mine at first. After gluing down my papers I had to sand the edges to get them smooth, but I love the distressed look it gave them. I had to add some Prima Flowers and pearls to make some bling and give it some detail.




I also switched up the KaiserCraft Tree Album and turned it in to a tree to hang for my wall. I wanted to keep it simple and keep it toned down so it would stick out on my wall and the train would really stand out.




For my kids I wanted to use some of my fun Pinterest ideas and make some stocking stuffers that were more than just some plain candy. I made some snowman bars, some snowman kisses, and peek-a-boo snowman gum. I even covered some little notepads to give with some fun pencils. It was fun to decorate them with my punches and love.




I also had to come up with something special for Hannah, my son's girlfriend who moved away. I still had KaiserCraft's Present Album to decorate. I decided to use the Tattered Angel's Ink. It looked like nail polish with its little brush but turned out to be awesome to get in and around the edges of the album. 


Though I would have to say my hands were red for a few days after I got it done. With the pictures from last Christmas' photoshoot on one side and T'was the Night Before Christmas story on the back, it only needed some small details like some recycled cardboard and lace to finish it out. 


We gave it to them before they left so they would have some decorations for when they got back home.




Thank you everyone for looking and reading about my fun Christmas Decorations.
___________________________________________________
-Products Used-

   

No comments: