Monday, December 27, 2010

Scrapbooking With Basic Grey's Marjolaine Collection

Submitted by ScrapGoo

Do you have a particular type of photo that you just consistently struggle to scrapbook?  My Achilles heel is the gazillion photos I have that are outside.  Green grass and blue sky.  It doesn't SOUND difficult, but the sheer quantity of this type of picture is my hangup.  It is tough to find paper that coordinates!  

So, when I saw the gorgeous patterns in the Basic Grey line Marjolaine I just knew they would fit the bill!  It was like hitting the jackpot!  Marjolaine is a collection of cool blues and greens plucked right out of nature.  You'll have to forgive me for bombarding you with layouts of outside photos because Basic Grey made scrapping them so much easier than ever before. 

Of course they've included a plethora of matching embellishments with this collection and the quality of the double sided paper is top notch.  It's what we've come to expect from Basic Grey.  I really appreciate how many options they give us and how easy it is to layer their products for just the right amount of texture, from felt, to chipboard, to paper ribbon, to... well, just about everything!

One of a Kind



I went for the punch of color with this first layout.  The papers of Marjolaine beg to be used in large amounts!  Most of this layout has a patterned background.  One of my favorite things about Basic Grey, however, is that they always include several papers that are a very subtle pattern, almost like a solid, but they still have the distressing that is the signature of this company.  

They are perfect for grounding your layout so that your elements don't get lost.  I used one of the chipboard pieces for the title... something I rarely do but I really liked here!

Hold Your Heart



I love kraft paper.  Especially when the other papers I am using are as vibrant as these! The patterns I chose for this layout are excellent for boy pages.  But you know what's great?  The reverse sides of these are more feminine and flowery.  I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have so much flexibility in a line.  

I love the flower prints but have little use for them with my little man.  However, the stripes, plaids, and circles shown here are fun and playful without being girly!  Hooray! I also used the "neutral" paper on this layout but added depth with a mask and mist. 

Big Trouble



I love this shirt. It was written for my boy!  But here I was again with blue and grass green.  I'm tell you, this line saved me!  The white background adds to the fresh, bright feeling of the layout and how cute is that little felt bird!?  I *needed* to use it.  I used several of the die cut tags to back my clustered title, while offsetting its weight by adding the line in the upper left corner.  Who says boy pages can't have hearts and flowers!? 

Thanks Card #1



I need "thank you" cards ALL the time for the many amazing and loving things that my friends and family do for me.  And I love sending them hand made ones to show just how much I appreciate them!  I mounted the circle stickers on paper and layered them over a paper ribbon and some tags.  The chipboard front adds a bit of dimension.  I'm thinking this card is pretty enough for a gal but the colors would be good for a guy recipient too!

Thanks Card #2



This card is a bit more feminine.  It was nice to make something more delicate after all my boy layouts!  I really just wanted to use the light blue whispy flower pattern because it is so pretty.  And the coordinating branch was an easy choice to add on top of the tag.  The lace and pearls finish off the girly feel of this, as well as the script alpha.  And you can see that I had a bit of a love affair with the blue paper ribbon... I used it everywhere in these projects!


Marjolaine is stunning.  Blues and greens were already my favorites but Basic Grey hammered it home with their gorgeous patterns and embellishments.  I know I will be keeping a fat pile of it around for all my grassy outdoor photo needs!  Feminine... masculine... somewhere in between... this line is a jack of all trades.  And an antidote for those of us who can't use pink! cheeky




ScrapGoo (aka: Jess) resides in Framingham, MA with her husband, one year old son and three spoiled cats.  Besides paper crafting, Jess enjoys entertaining friends, traveling and costume designing.

No comments: