Monday, December 20, 2010

Scrapbooking With Fancy Pants Designs

Submitted by SarahA

I always love a new Fancy Pants release, and Love Birds was no different. The playful colors and cute designs made it easy to scrap a whole assortment of things- a birthday, an impromptu lunch date and even Halloween! This line is great for crafty projects, too and will make some really cute Valentine cards!

Halloween Cupcake

With all of the pink in this line, the first photos I reached for were Quinn's cupcake costume photos. I layered a few strips under the photos (I really can't get enough of my scalloped border punches!), added some embellishments and used the cute alpha stickers for the title. There are lots of cute polka dot patterns in this line, and with the sprinkles on her costume, they helped this page come together quickly.

 

Olivia Cake

Since this is a Valentine's line, there was plenty of red to choose from, which made it a perfect match for Quinn's Olivia birthday cake photos. When I saw the strips sheet, I absolutely had to use that fun scalloped piece, so I cut that out and based my layout around it. Another must-use part of this line was the banners on the Kissame sheet. I cut two of them and strung them across the page. The frame at the top with the date in it was from the cards sheet. I cut out the middle and added my own pieces for a fun, personalized embellie. I splattered a little Maya Mist for fun and at Quinn's request, a felt crown on her head. :)

 

Royal Lunch Break

I also loved the die-cut sheet, so I made one last layout with that by layering it on a solid sheet of red. I gathered paper to make a strip under the photo, then added another scalloped strip and used the letter stickers again. I also couldn't resist adding yet another banner from the Kissame sheet. The die-cut sheets add so much to a layout with very little work on your part!

  

Calendar

I have been wanting to make one of these Maya Road Acrylic Calendar stands since I saw them at CHA in July. I thought this line would be perfect for it because of it's wide array of colors and patterns. I painted the edges, then used Mod Podge to cover the chipboard pieces with paper. I thought of giving this as a gift, but can't bear to part with it now! Here are a few of my favorite pages:

 
 
 
 
 
 


saraha



SarahA started scrapping in June of 2007, found ACOT in 2008 and was invited to join the Creative Team in September 2009. She loves scrapbooking pictures of her daughter, her family and her every day activities.

No comments: