Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Help Us Welcome This Month's Guest Craft Designer!

Please help us welcome out Guest Designer for August 2015!

Screenname: emmapaige

First name:
Chris

BIO: I am a wife, mother, stepmother, grandmother, daughter and sister. I still work full time at a fulfillment company as an account coordinator but I forward to retiring in the next year or two..

How I got started scrapping: My husband was watching TV and with remote in hand, he clicked through several programs and stopped on QVC when Lisa Bearnson was on with one of her Creating Keepsakes shows. Our oldest grandchild had just been born and my daughter had announced she was pregnant so my husband said to me that he thought it might be a fun hobby for me. I watched a few minutes of the program but I wasn’t really interested in pursuing the hobby. I didn’t think I was artistic enough and I had started and stopped so many previous crafts projects that I didn’t need another one.

But then a few weeks later, my pregnant daughter came to our house to pick me up to do some shopping. As we started down the road, she said she was hungry so we stopped at a bagel shop. Surprise - two stores down there was a brand new scrapbook store that was having its grand opening. Remembering the QVC show, I decided to stop in. I did a little make-and-take and signed up for a beginner lesson. So much for not being interested in this “little hobby”….I have never looked back and have enjoyed every second of creating memories for my children and grandchildren. 



Layout: 'Bon Appetit' (Challenge #3 - Guilty Pleasure)

 bon appetit layout featuring elles studio

products used:

lets eat collection pack elles studiosummertime pop drops lets eat elles studiolets eat bits and pieces elles studio

shop lets eat by elles studio


Layout: 'Hey Buddy' (Challenge #1 - Water)


products used:

making waves insta packmaking waves brag cardsmaking waves collection pack


Be sure to check out her paper craft challenges during August on our Message Board!

Welcome Chris!

guest designer a cherry on top
Click here to find out how to submit


No comments: