Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas





Posted by SarahA (Sarah):


I love wrapping gifts. Like really LOVE wrapping gifts! I decided to have some fun with my scrappy supplies to make some one-of-a-kind wrapping for this holiday season. I can't wait until they're all nestled under the tree, ready for my family to open!




Gift Card Holders

Everyone loves to get giftcards (and they make for pretty easy giving, too!), but they're a little boring in the packaging department. I used these little mini bags from Canvas Corp. to hold my cards this year. You can really dress them up as much as you want, or leave them a little on the simple side, and your family will love this personalized touch. 



I used stickers, die cuts, small doilies, paper and twine to dress mine up. Foam adhesive can give them a little added dimension. You could also punch a hole in the top and add twine to hang them on the tree. These bags also come in white if you prefer that.



Gift Wrapped Box


You can buy a roll of plain kraft paper at craft stores, office supply stores or even Target or WalMart (you can buy that in white, too!). The rolls are cheap and have a lot of paper on them. I used that to wrap this box, then wrapped some twine around the box 4 or 5 times. 



I then made an accordian flower by using a 1.5" by 12" strip of paper scored and folded opposite ways every 1/4". I adhered the ends, then flattened it and hot glued it to a scrap paper circle on the back. I added the Sale sticker from the Crate Paper sticker sheet on top, then centered a Jillibean Soup journaling sticker over the word. This came together quicker than it seems like it would, so your recipient will be impressed with this personalized touch!



Small Gift Holder


I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to give it a try. It is the perfect way to gift little gifts like candy or scratch-off tickets. You could also change the size to include lip gloss or gift cards if you wanted. I cut a piece of cardstock 3" by 10" and rounded the corners. I then used a circle punch to make a half-circle cut out at the top of the front side and folded it at 5". 



After that, I simply wrapped a piece of paper and a doily around the middle along with some twine to hold it together. I added some stickers and some Studio Calico wood veneer pieces that I thought resembled snow flakes. Lastly, I punched a hole in the top and added twine for hanging, but that is totally optional!



Gift Wrap Garland


If you have a sewing machine, this is a super easy way to dress up a package. I used a pinked edge 1" circle punch to punch circles out of 3 different papers. I then sat down at my sewing machine and started sewing on the first one, then just continuously fed them under the presser foot while sewing the entire time. 



I do recommend not leaving too much space between pieces- my machine would break the thread if I did that. Then just tape one end to the back of the gift and wrap until you're happy with it. You could also use these strands for garlands on small trees or little banners.



Holiday Gift Bag


Dressing up a plain brown paper lunch bag is easy with a border punch, some die cuts & some twine! I simply used a border punch on the opening of the bag, then folded the top down and punched two holes with a regular hole punch. 



I used 4 die cuts from the My Mind's Eye die cut sheet- two banners, one tag and the Christmas tree is trimmed from another piece and adhered to the one banner piece with foam adhesive. I ran some twine through them all, tied a bow and it was done! Quick, easy and cheap!




You can see I used a lot of twine here. I LOVE twine. A lot. And I have to say the Doodlebug twine in this package is awesome! You get a ton of twine for a great  price and the colors are perfect. My favorite and most used from this pack is the red and white with a strand of metallic green twisted in.


Products used in this reveal:
Santas Workshop Assorted Twine By DoodlebugChristmas Eve Chowder Cardstock Stickers By Jillibean SoupLost And Found Christmas Accessories Sheet By My Minds Eye
Peppermint 6 x 6 Paper Pack By Crate Paper Paper Lace 4 Peppermint Phrase Stickers By Crate Paper   

No comments: