Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Paper Crafting With The Oxford Collection By Basic Grey

Posted by ScrapGoo (Jess):

When it comes to patterns Basic Grey is top of the class! Their new collection, Oxford, is straight from the pages of a college yearbook with plaids and sophisticated yet masculine prints that have a touch of yesteryear combined with typical Basic Grey whimsy.  Naturally, the collection is full of fun embellishments made of everything from chipboard to brads to stickers and they will definitely make you smile!  

How can you not love the old school glasses and all the great academic icons?  This collection definitely has a lot going on!  There are patterns galore and a lot of different colors.  It can be intimidating to work with all that but not if you remember that you don't need to use *everything* on one page.  Simple is good and a little goes a long way.  

Take a look at what I created with Oxford-hopefully I make the grade!

The Apple of His Eye



I decided to pick out just a few colors for this layout.  The reds and blacks worked well with my photo and allowed me to not be overwhelmed by all the pattern options.  My title was inspired by the cute apple chipboard!  I tried to keep the design clean and easy on the eye by matting most of the main area with the cream lined paper.  It draws the eye in and unifies the rest of the elements.

Sleep Cheeks




I went in the opposite color direction with this scrapbooking page.  Again, I drew the cues from my photos and chose blues for this layout.  A PageMaps sketch made this page come together quickly.  Although the prints of Oxford are sophisticated they can still be great for the little guys too!  I used the chipboard stars to bring some youth to this page. 

Smart: It's in the Genes



This is Oxford in all its glory!  I used an old college photo of my dad here.  He is a smart cookie!  And I have to thank him for passing on his smarts to yours truly.  ;-)  I really fell in love with the chipboard elements in this collection; the science stuff, books, writing instruments, and of course the glasses!  (I can assure you that boys DO make passes at girls who wear glasses!) I just layered the crud out of this page- fun!

Oxford Congrats




This cute dotted paper is one of the more fun papers in this line and probably my favorite, of course I needed to make a little card with it!  This would be a great graduation card but I think it could be given to a guy for nearly any important achievement.  I used several layers of journaling bits and chipboard here to build up a mat for the sentiment.  And some natural twine is a great masculine embellishment!

You Da Man




Okay, okay... I could NOT let this article end without using these AWESOME moustache stickers!  Moustache images are pretty trendy right now and these make me giggle!  Again, around here I can never have too many guy cards so this will definitely come in handy.  I think this simple card will bring a smile to the receiver. 

So, you can see how many different sides this collection has.  It is both serious and silly.  I hope you take a trip to Oxford like I have... only THIS Oxford won't involve pop quizzes or crotchety professors! :-P

I used the following products on these projects:


No comments: