Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scrapbooking With LYB's Cupcake Love

Submitted by Dianedi

Ready or not, the month of February which celebrates love will soon be here! In the shop, you'll find gorgeous shades of pink, red, blue, and green with themes of hearts, cupcakes, and flowers.  Whether you are scrapping about a family member, things you love, or Valentine's Day, there is a beautiful line waiting for you!

This month, I chose to work with the scrumptious Little Yellow Bicycle Cupcake Love line to create a layout and a series of cards!


How fun is this lollipop paper? For the base of this card, I used the Lollipops Glitter Paper and then added a journaling card from the Journal Tablet. Be My Valentine stickers are from the Cardstock sticker sheet.  For the center of the card, the lollipop was cut from the Heart Cut-out paper and the Sweet sticker is from the Dimensional Sticker sheet. 




A babies first photos are such a precious collectible. In late December, my husband and kids went to the doctors with me to see our new baby ultrasound photos and to find out what we were having! It was a fabulous belated Christmas gift and the excitement on my kids faces was something that I'll never forget. As you can tell by all of the pink, we are having a girl!

For the background of the layout, I used the Cupcake Love Mini Plaid paper. I adhered the ultrasound photo to one of the 6"x6" Decorative Edge Cardstock papers which I matted onto black cardstock. I layered the Tonal Polkahearts paper, added the thick canvas borders , a die-cut from the Journaling Tablet, epoxy heart chipboard buttons, and the Cupcake Love paper lace stickers. 



For this card, I've used the green and pink side of the Mini Plaid Paper for the base. I wanted to use the last 6"x6" Decorative Edge Cardstock piece in the set. In order to use it on this card, I had to cut off the top of the die-cut. I added it about an inch below the top of the card and added the Be My Valentine sticker across the top. By adhering it with foam tape, I've added a little dimension to the top of the card. The scalloped piece at the top of the card is a small section I had left over from one of the last 6"x6" Edge papers that I had to cut off in order to make the die-cut fit the card. Finally, I layered several hearts using foam tape to the bottom of the card.
 

View Diane's complete article at ACherryOnTop.com.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------



Diane DiTullio lives in Massachusetts with her husband Dave and two children, Lauren age 7 and Colin age 5.  Diane has been featured in Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Trends, Paper Trends, Paper Crafts, Cards, GiftMaker, CardMaker, Paper Art Magazine, idea books, catalogs and various trade shows.

No comments: